15 April 2011

Water For Elephants

If you are looking for a good read... you need to pick up Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen! I haven't had the time lately to be fully immersed in a book (unless its geared towards children aged 6-10) but my interest was peaked when I kept hearing about this one. I decided to put a hold on it at our local library and once I read the first few sentences... I was hooked.


I will admit... I read it in one sitting.. it was THAT good! I just couldn't put it down. It was heart-breaking and stomach-wrenching at times and yet full of love all at the same time. I'm not one for "fluff" stories and if I'm reading a book, I'm looking to be transported into it and its characters... and Water For Elephants did just that. 


The movie based on this story is apparently coming to theatres next week but I don't know if I want to watch it. Movies tend to ruin books for me because the pictures I draw in my mind never correspond correctly with what is portrayed on screen. 


So tell me... have you read the book? What did you think? Will you go see the movie? In the spirit of this book and the pictures in my mind... I created the following Etsy Treasury for some fun eye-candy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...