22 September 2011

Fudgey Browned Butter Brownies

I have a "thing" for browned butter. Actually, I have a "thing" for all things butter, but butter when browned is my favourite. It adds a nutty, rich depth to anything its added to, especially chocolate.



Healthy eating has been one of my goals in life, but clearly I have a need for pure indulgence when it comes to baking and nothing is more satisfying than a browned butter pure cocoa brownie.



The one thing you will always (and I truly mean always) find in our cupboard is Fry's Premium Cocoa. Its an absolute staple for most of my chocolatey wants from these brownies to a whipped cream topped cup of hot cocoa in the winter. Its perfect.


Fudgey Browned Butter Brownies
Adapted from Fry's Cocoa

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all-purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup butter- browned
1 cup Fry's Cocoa
2 cups Sugar
4 large Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

Directions
Mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and Fry's Cocoa in a bowl.

Cocoa makes me happy.
Now its time for the browned butter. In our house, we don't own a microwave by personal choice, so I've had to become creative in the melting butter department. I suppose I could have used a small pot, but where is the fun in that? I melt and brown my butter directly on the stove in the measuring cup! 

Exactly one cup once it melts.
Remove from heat and blend in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then combine all with the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into buttered pan and bake at 350F for about 30 to 35 minutes. 

Just about to enter the oven.
I have vowed not to eat the entire pan, but resistance is futile...they are just that good!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...