27 July 2011

Cakey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been so busy painting and learning about transforming furniture for our office that I stopped searching for new things to bake... *gasp*... Its true though that my time has been spent focused on a new hobby, however tonight I just couldn't live with a cookie-free home any longer.


I was torn as to what kind of cookie to bake. My love for trying new recipes was pushing for something new, but I wasn't feeling all that adventurous. I decided that the best thing to do was to fall back on a classic: The Chocolate Chip Cookie.
First Batch
My usual recipe always gives me a chewy, soft and flat cookie but I decided to try something just a bit new tonight. I found an incredible article about these cakey, dense and huge chocolate chip cookies from Levain Bakery in New York and well... I'm just a bit too far away to try them out myself.


I found a test recipe from Cookie Madness  and decided to go for it! The result was this amazingly cakey, chewy, gooey monster of a cookie! Its not an every day cookie...but its perfect for a wishy-washy day like today!
Ingredients

1 cup of unsalted Butter, cold
3/4 cup Sugar 
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar 
2 large Eggs 
1 tsp Vanilla 
3 cups all purpose Flour 
3/4 tsp Salt 
1 tsp Baking Powder 
1/2 tsp Baking Soda 
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips 

Directions

In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars just until creamy. Don’t over beat. Add the egg and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.

Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips (Note: You can also try adding the dry ingredients directly to the butter mixture)

Divide dough into 12 big lumps. Bake on ungreased cookies sheets (one sheet at a time). 


** I like to slowly bake my  cookies so that the outsides are crispy but the insides are soft so I tend to ignore baking times and go by look. I start at 325F for at least 15- 20 mins.
So good that they required a glass of milk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...