09 March 2012

Sparkle Sparkle February

I was anxiously awaiting this month's arrivals of Glymm and Luxe Box in the hopes that I could choose one to let go of before the arrivals of my TopBox and GlossyBox. Yes, I am currently subscribed to four monthly beauty boxes, but to be fair I've yet to receive two of them.


Sadly, this month both Glymm and Luxe were fantastic, which didn't help me AT.ALL. in letting one go. 

GLYMM




















The packaging this month seemed a little on the sparse side, but the contents more than made up for it!


















My February Glymm box contained the following:
  • Sula Creme Eye Shadow in Natural
  • Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Tiger Lilly
  • Sample-sized GlamGlow Tingling & Exfoliating Mask
  • Sample Mai Couture Oil Blotting/Bronzing Paper
The tinted lip balm is absolutely fantastic and I am currently using it daily! The GlamGlow mask is out of this world and one day I may be able to justify its cost ( $78 for 50ml). The eye shadow I found to be very plain and too matte for my liking, but its neutral so I can mix it with other colours. The only item I was not a fan of was the oil and bronzing paper, but only because these things tend to irritate my skin, so I didn't even try it. Overall, it was a great box!

LUXE BOX
After last month's amazing boxes, I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed this month and Luxe definitely held their own.













Wow....wait...its a RED box this month! Then I realise its a Limited Edition box. 



Limited Edition Flare Magazine Luxe Box. This should be interesting.










My February Luxe Box contained the following:

  • Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
  • PureDKNY Eau De Parfum 
  • CARGO Lash Activator Mascara
  • Packets of Redken ColourExtend Shampoo and Conditioner
The only item that I wasn't a fan of was the perfume, which was way too floral for my liking. Its packaging was really pretty though. The Microfoliant by Dermalogica makes my skin super soft and leaves it glowing, so this is a product that I will definitely be replenishing. The mascara and shampoo/conditioner are great to have so all in all, it was a good box this month.


I was late in posting this review, so now I realize my March boxes will be on their way soon. GlossyBox will be the newest edition then, so look for that update in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...