30 January 2012

Sparkle Sparkle January

Its that time again... where I stalk the mailman awaiting my monthly beauty-box arrivals. These companies are getting more and more popular and since my last post, yet another has joined the Canadian circuit - GlossyBox. The dilemma I'm in currently is which subscription to keep and which to let go of. Based on this month's arrivals, Glymm's days are numbered for me. Next month will be my deciding factor for sure.


So without making you wait... here are the goodies for the month of January!


GLYMM
Sadly, the only things go for Glymm this month is that the items arrived super fast and that I can re-use the pink box. Otherwise, it was not a very good month.

Promising..... love the pink!
Disappointment....
My January Glymm box contained the following items:
  • Kaia Naturals - Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths - ONE cloth!!
  • Vasanti Cosmetics - BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - 12g tube
  • Cargo Cosmetics - Eye pencil in Black - Full Size
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills - Clear Brow Gel - 2.5ml
  • Burt's Bees - Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion - 2 mini tubes
The best item in this lot is the eye pencil and not because its full size, but because its useable. The most disappointing for me was the Burt's Bees lotion as I love this lotion and have used it many times, however these samples must have been old because they smelled like they had been sitting in the sun for months. I tossed them immediately. The one cloth and the mini sample of the face rejuvenator are way too small for an accurate representation of their benefits so quite disappointing. The clear brow gel works fine, but nothing I would spend my money on.

All in all, a very weak box this month. I am truly hoping next month brings better things, but I have a feeling that I will be moving on.

LUXE BOX
Wow is all I can say! Loose Button really made my month worth it with this time around. Imagine my surprise when I open the outer box to find not one but TWO luxe boxes!
Thats right... I was chosen for an additional Limited Edition Bath & Body box this month!
Made just for me! 
Contents of the first box!
Contents of the Bath and Body box!
My January Luxe Box contained the following items:
  • Curly Hair Solutions - Curl Keeper Frizzy Hair Formula 
  • NYX - Round Lipstick in Sash - a light shimmery pink - Full Size
  • Loose Button MyScent - Collection of 6 perfume samples
  • NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk - Full Size
  • Seattle's Best Coffee - Level 3 
Bath and Body Box:
  • Schick Hydro Silk Razor - Full Size 
  • Fekkai - Advanced Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Coupons for $4.00 off the razor
  • 8000 Shoppers Drugmart Optimum Points with next purchase of any Fekkai hair care product
This girl has crazy hair at times, so I am very excited to try out the Curly Hair solutions formula. The lipstick and eye pencil are awesome and will easily fit into my beauty arsenal. I am also so happy with the selection of mini perfumes and as anyone who knows me can attest, I am a perfume-a-holic. Then comes the surprise coffee, which I'm sure will be quite tasty... I never turn away coffee.

The best surprise though was the Bath and Body box items. The Schick razor is not yet out in North America which just makes this month's surprise box, that much more exciting. The Fekkai products usually do wonders for my locks and while I haven't tried these specific ones yet, I'm hoping I like them so I can take advantage of those optimum points.

There you have it for January! What February will bring, only time will tell!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...