03 January 2012

PIZZA!

Who doesn't love doughy, gooey, cheesy pizza? Nobody in this house thats for sure and we decided to experiment tonight for dinner.


I was weary about making the dough because I heard how time consuming it would be, but I played around with a basic recipe and created a no-rise dough that literally took maybe 12 mins to make. Once that was perfected, I split it into two equal pieces; one for me and one for my husband. Why you ask? Well... just scroll down to find out....

MY pizza - Sweet Basil, Organic Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella with a sprinkling of Ground Pepper, EVOO and Sea Salt
Straight from the oven... heaven!
The crust was absolutely incredible! Crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. The combination of basil, tomatoes and stretchy mozzarella was perfection. 

Now, the explanation as to why we needed to separate the dough:

Hubby's pizza - Cheese, Pepperoni and oh yeah... more CHEESE!
I would have had a heart attack consuming that, but he throughly enjoyed his creation! 

So, no matter how you enjoy your pizza, if you want a quick and yummy dough, you need to try this:

Basic No-Rise Pizza Dough

Ingredients
                              1 packet of quick rise yeast
1 c warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cornmeal

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400. Combine the yeast and warm water in a medium bowl and stir until the yeast is dissolved. Then add the flour, salt, honey and olive oil.  Mix very well and knead as necessary to make sure everything is combined. Let the dough rest for 10 mins or so. During this time, I prepared the pan and my toppings.

When ready, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle some olive oil where you will place your dough. Sprinkle the cornmeal evenly on the oiled paper and spread the dough. I hand tossed the dough and spread it unevenly for a more rustic pizza, my hubby wanted his pizza to be round so he used a rolling pin.

Add your toppings and bake for anywhere from 20-25 mins or until the cheese is melty and the crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...